Level 2 Food Hygiene
Food Safety Award Level 2
This course is ideal for anyone working in a setting where food is prepared, cooked, handled and served. It is ideal for people working in -
- Café’s, restaurants and hotels
- Food shops/stalls and supermarkets
- Small food businesses e.g. working from home
- Care homes
It can be completed in 7 hours
No prior knowledge is needed to join the course. Learners whose first language is not English will need a Level 1 English Language qualification.
What can I expect to learn?
On successful completion of the course and final assessment learners will have a good understanding of –
- Food Safety and Relevant terminology
- The law
- Food Safety Hazards
- Taking and Recording Temperatures
- Refrigeration, Chilling and Cold Holding of Foods
- Cooking, Hot Holding and Re-Heating of Foods
- Food Handlers Responsibilities
- Principles of Safe Food Storage
- Food Premises and Equipment
How will I be assessed?
There will be a 30 question multiple- choice answer exam. You must answer 20 correctly to pass.
On successful completion learners will gain CIEH Level 2 Award Food Safety.
Learners may then progress to Level 3 Award Food Safety – please ask for details
Please contact Rob Alcock on 01204 333045 or 07860 454248 or email@example.com for more details, to book your place or discuss your needs.
Our team may be happy to deliver the course at your workplace, please ask
The course is taught by industry trained experts who regularly attend Chartered Institute of Environmental Health update training.
It is advisable to update the qualification every 3 years