Food Safety Award Level 3
This course is ideal for those working in all food businesses at supervisory level, team leaders and line managers, those owning their own food business, or anyone interested in having a broader understanding of food hygiene as part of their work.
The course and exam are completed over 3 days (3 x 6 hours)
To join the course learners should ideally have Food Safety Level 2. Learners whose first language is not English will need a Level 2 English Language qualification and ideally Level 2 numeracy.
What can I expect to learn?
On successful completion of the course and final assessment learners will have a good understanding of –
- Terminology used in respect to Supervising Food Safety
- Role in ensuring compliance to legislation
- Concept of contamination and the risks it imposes on food safety
- Importance of high standards of cleanliness
- Importance of good workplace and equipment design
- Importance of pest control
- Need for high standards of personal hygiene
- Supervisors contribution to training
- Principles of the HACCP system and implementation
- How to integrate tools such as Safer Food, Better Business
How will I be assessed?
There will be a 60 question multiple- choice answer exam.
On successful completion learners will gain CIEH Level 3 Award Food Safety.
Learners may then progress to Level 3 Award Food Safety – please ask for details
Please contact Rob Alcock on 01204 333045 or 07860 454248 or email@example.com for more details, to book your place or discuss your needs.
Our team may be happy to deliver the course at your workplace, please ask
The course is taught by industry trained experts who regularly attend Chartered Institute of Environmental Health update training.
It is advisable to update the qualification every 3 years