Rewards and Recognition
At Bolton St Catherine's Academy we believe that students will flourish and make more progress in an environment which enthuses, encourages and celebrates rather than one that penalises and scolds. Please enjoy encouraging your child and celebrating with them their achievements.
We expect students to be kind and respectful towards each other. Here are some examples of how we reward and recognise good behavior:
- Phone call home- we ask all staff to keep parents informed of any positive outcomes
- Postcards of praise or congratulation are sent home
- Special meals
- Each term ends with a special assembly to reward effort and achievement
- Termly Reward
- Annual Awards Evenings' to celebrate their successes
- News items in the Academy's 'Infinity' publication
What is happening........
Rewards this year will focus on attitude to learning and effort during lessons, you will be able to collect reward points throughout the year and earn certificates and badges.
You will be rewarded by your teachers each lesson for contributing to the lesson in the following ways:
- Contributed verbally during the lesson
- Showed pride in your work
- Worked to the best of your ability
Bronze certificate = 20 points
Silver certificate = 40 points
Gold certificate = 60 points
Platinum certificate = 80 points
At the end of each half term students in years 7-10 with 97% attendance and above will be invited to attend a celebration concert.
Students with most improved attendance will also be invited.
Students will be able to enjoy the concert with popcorn and drinks!
Every year we recognise and reward our students for their hard work and achievements. Below are the award winners since 2012 -