What Ofsted say about our Sixth Form
Ofsted Inspectors have given the Sixth Form at Bolton St Catherine's Academy a well-deserved "GOOD" rating, praising teaching, leadership AND students alike! Conducted over two days the in-depth inspection covered areas such as leadership and management, teaching and learning, and student welfare.
Below are just some of the positive points highlighted:
• The newly appointed leader of the sixth form has high expectations for standards and behaviour for learners. She is effective because she and colleagues monitor the quality of teaching closely.
• Attendance has improved and the advice and guidance is now more focused for learners so that they are guided to study programmes that are relevant to their needs.
• Teaching is good in the sixth form. Teachers have a good level of subject knowledge.
• Learners behave well in the sixth form. They are positive about learning and are prepared to try hard and do their best.
• The provision for personal development and welfare is strong in the sixth form.
• Learners have good opportunities to talk to qualified staff about careers, higher education and employment options.
• Learners spoke highly of the opportunities for work experience.